Keep up with all the latest Youth News! Sign up for our email newsletter HERE.
The youth program at St. Matthew’s is an Episcopal youth group engaged in community service, Biblical exploration, healthy relationships, and exciting activities.
Youth Sunday School
Youth Sunday meets from 9:15-10:15 in the Youth Center most Sundays. It is intended for 6th-12th graders. Check out the Weekly or Monthly Word for what we're studying this Sunday.
We meet in the Youth Center from 5:30-7:30 on Sunday evenings unless otherwise noted. We eat dinner together, share, learn and pray together, and serve others. Most of all, we have fun! Make sure to sign up for the newsletter so you get all the most recent information about upcoming activities.
St. Matthew’s Youth Ministry Goals:
- To Have Fun! We are committed to provide a safe environment where youth are able to express themselves in fun and adventurous ways. All of our events provide an avenue for a good time.
- To Build Relationships. We are committed to come to a self-awareness of communal and personal relationships with God, the Church, and each other. The one thing our souls desire most is to be in relationship with God.
- To Recognize the Holy. We strive to recognize the Holy in the world around us, especially in our daily life of family, school, work, and play. The Spirit moves through all things, including one another.
- To Grow in Christ. We recognize the importance of the gospel message Jesus proclaims and we do our best to learn more about Jesus in relation to each other and the world around us.
- To Welcome Everyone. We are an open community that welcomes all of God’s people; no matter their race, culture, gender, or religious beliefs.
- To Do Service. We are committed to provide new life and support to our neighbors who are less fortunate than us through the means of various outreach initiatives in the community.
Download the Youth Event Permission Form here.