At St. Matthew’s, stewardship is a way of life. It focuses on abundance of God’s blessings in the many aspects of our lives and shared community, and it is a form of our gratitude for them.
Stewardship is wide ranging and includes such aspects as:
- Stewardship of our Clergy, supporting their call to service and helping to develop new priests for eventual service elsewhere
- Stewardship of our community, through a wide range of outreach ministries, both in Austin and around the globe
- Stewardship of our campus and environment, by helping to maintain it for generations to come, and
- Stewardship of our shared lives, whether it be delivery of Eucharist to those in the hospital or something as simple – yet meaningful – as an ear to listen, a smile to share, or a friend to embrace.
We, the members of St. Matthew’s, honor the call of stewardship by our
- Presence – attending worship and participating in our church community
- Time – investing part of our lives in prayer and service to others
- Talents – offering our gifts, whether they be landscaping, cooking, flower arranging, teaching, or many, many other ways, to enrich our community
- Treasure – funding the operations of our Parish, helping to ensure its financial well-being, as well as funding St. Matthew’s numerous outreach programs.
Stewardship helps to make St. Matthew’s not just a Church but our Church Home. And it is a means to say “Amen” and “thank you” for the many blessings we see in our lives and even for those that we do not.
To reflect on your call of stewardship, we encourage you to learn more:
For Presence, please see the Worship section for details on this week’s services.
To share your Time and Talents, please view our Outreach and Parish Life sections, or call the church office, to see the various volunteer opportunities.
Tithes or offerings of Treasure are gratefully accepted via a passed plate at each service or online. To Donate Online Click Here: