- Safe handling and storage of foods and utensils.
- Conservation of resources, including our environment.
- Good order and cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Preparation and serving of wholesome and appetizing foods.
- Normal precautions to ensure security of the premises.
Knowledge and understanding of the rules is essential for those who volunteer their services in the kitchen. The rules include specific information on how to implement all of the concepts and principles set forth above. Please read the Kitchen Rules before you even begin to prepare for a food function. Your questions and concerns are welcome.
Signs have been placed in the kitchen to assist you. They are "shorthand" rules to remind you of the kitchen essentials The Kitchen Angels’s primary purpose is to help all of us be better stewards of our resources by facilitating proper use of the kitchen and cost effective purchases. We welcome your comments, suggestions and, above all, we request your cooperation as we move forward in implementing these new rules.
Download the St. Matthew's Wedding Manual here.